Our mission is to provide a caring, holistic, seamless support service to vulnerable young people in order to promote a successful transition to adulthood. We work collaboratively with young people and their social workers empowering them to acquire the skills necessary to live independently. We aim to do this through the range of support services we provide which includes supported accommodation for care leavers, floating outreach work, stand-alone supported accommodation and assessment of young families.
The safety of the young people we work with is paramount. Our staff team is committed to promoting the health and safety of young people and empowering them to identify risks in such areas as CSE/grooming, healthy relationships, E-Safety, radicalisation, drug and alcohol abuse and to develop appropriate safeguards.
We understand that our young people are individuals with varying needs. We recognise that our service users may have been negatively impacted by their previous experiences and therefore require individual plans that nurture and support them to achieve their true potential. We do this by:
- Understanding how a young person has been impacted by their previous experiences
- Respecting each young person as an individual
- Being positive role models
- Being non-judgemental
- Commitment to equality, respecting diversity, anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practice
- Honesty and transparency throughout the organisation
- Commitment to professionalism through the training, development and reflective supervision of our staff team
- Creating a safe nurturing home environment
- Provision of an adaptable and flexible service to meet individual needs
- Value confidentiality and young people’s right to privacy as appropriate